Your Itinerary to Discover the Best of Jakarta
As one of the world’s greatest metropolitan cities that stays true to its traditional roots, Jakarta has lots to offer visitors, which will take a month or year-long vacation to discover. Keraton at The Plaza has created an itinerary for those seeking to see the best of the city on a short 2-day holiday in Jakarta.
Day 1: Landmarks and Cultural Sights at Central Jakarta
- National Monument – The 132-meter tower located in the center of the city built to commemorate the Indonesian people’s struggle for independence.
- Indonesian National Museum – The museum boasting a vast collection that covers the many aspects of Indonesian history and culture.
- Istiqlal Mosque – The largest mosque in Asia, located across Jakarta Cathedral, which represent Indonesia’s tolerance of the many beliefs of its diverse population.
- Pasar Baru – Consisting of textile, shoes, watches, clothes, and much more, this open-air shopping area is a one stop shop for almost everything that will put your bargaining skills to test.
- Suropati Park – See the lush green side of Jakarta after the sun sets, when you can embrace the local life, or try the street food that draws people in by the hundreds.
Day 2: Heritage Attractions & Modern Experiences in South and West Jakarta
- Jakarta Old Town – Known as Kota Tua locally, the area dates to the period when Jakarta was under Dutch rule, where many buildings with colonial architecture still stand.
- Fatahillah Square – Home to a myriad of attractions, visiting the square is highly recommended for cultural enthusiasts as you get to immerse yourself completely in the city’s past and present.
- Kite Museum – A great place for families and kite lovers to learn about Indonesia’s love for kites and kite-flying in a fun-filled environment.
- Pacific Place – One of the higher-end malls in Jakarta boasting an array of local and international brands, as well as endless culinary options.
- SCBD Area – A buzzing entertainment and dining district depicting the life of the youth population in Jakarta
Take a look at the attractions we’ve listed on Destination, Things to Do in Jakarta, Shopping, Art in Jakarta, and Local Dining Experience pages for more inspiration for your trip, whether it is a short 2-day or a week-long vacation. Feel free to contact our Concierge staff for assistance with your itinerary or transportation when exploring the city during your time in Jakarta.